CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kids Sports and Parents Don't Mix: A Mothers Humorous View!!


I Am One Of Those Mom's :)

So every Saturday is crazy running 5 kids to different basketball games. I always have to tell myself that it's for their own good, and it is beneficial to them throughout their adult life. Believe me I have to tell myself that a million times before I get out the door :) So today I found out I AM ONE OF THOSE MOM"S!! You know one of them moms that yells from the bleachers at all of the team, saying get open, get the ball, good job, or REALLY? The benefits for the kids doing sports are great, but I am not so sure they have taken the parent benefits into consideration. I am pretty sure my blood pressure was a little high, and I was winded from yelling, and on top of yelling to the team, I had to chase my youngest kids all over the place.
There are the obvious health benefits to sports. Like cardio, and being active for extended periods of time. Everyone knows that childhood obesity is on the rise and this is one way to keep your child healthy and fit. Then their are us parents that sit our fat butts on the bleachers yelling, as if we could play any better. Yeah, maybe in High School, but I may break a hip now LOL.
Sports can also teach your kids about commitment, teamwork, and problem solving skills. I think that is all very valuable for them to learn. On the other hand why can they not do this at home. I mean, cleaning your room = teamwork, homework = commitment, problem solving = working out a fight with your brother and sister, but "no" they still haven't figured that out yet.
Sports gives the kids a different outlet to turn to other than drinking, drugs, or smoking. Again benefits for the parents...Ummm no. Cause if your one of them mom's that yells, after getting the kids to the game and when the games are done we are ready for a drink.
Putting kids in sports also makes them feel like they have value and are apart of something important. They know that the team needs them and they have a job to do. I have debated on putting this part in my hub, but what the heck. Parents learn valuable lessons to, the pretty mean girl in school is not so pretty anymore, but is really nice. Imagine that.
Oh yes I forgot the best part!! Scholarships, need I say more. Free ride to college that can coast you thousands. What could get better than seeing them go to the school they wanted to, and playing the sport they love? Plus that means they are out of the house!
On a more serious note, having your kids in sports is a great thing for the whole family. It really is a lot of fun, and very beneficial to the kids. They learn teamwork, discipline ,respect, confidence, and many many other things. I had fun writing this, and wanted to try to put a new twist on the benefits of having your kids in sports. By the way I did not really see the pretty mean girl from school at the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment