Image
The Kids for my own 31 day challenge:)
I know I have seen a lot of blogs about a 31 day challenge to make a better blog or 31 day challenge to post 100 post. So I thought well, what if I challenged parents to getting their house back? To Make their kids better behaved and to have a more peaceful enjoyable time raising the kids.
Being a stay at home mom can be stressful and really hard work, but I know every mom has had one of them days where they think they can not take anymore! You feel like the kids are running a circus act and you are the star of their show. I have read post about kids being to spoiled and how mothers let the kids walk all over them.
Well it’s time for us mothers to ban together and take a stand right here and now on the world wide web! :) Together as a united force with support every night from moms just like us we can have a great rest of the summer.
No my kids were not that bad today but they have been! I also realize that they act a lot different with me than when their dad is home(they walk all over me) I want to change that I want to see what techniques work and what ones don’t, and I want your help!
My plan is to try 31 different things so I will implement 7 new house rules on Monday! I want all of you parents to join me. So we can discuss what ones worked and what ones were just plain stupid! I want to hear all of your experiences and how you changed the techniques I give you to meet your families specific needs. I also want to hear your what you have tried or what works for you.
On Monday these are the new things we are putting into effect, I would love to get all of you parents to try them with me! Please feel free to post this on your sites or share it as you wish!
1. This technique is supposed to stop them from leaving their stuff all over the house for mom to clean and learn to clean up after themselves. It’s called Mommy’s Ransom Box. You get one of the big totes from Wal-mart.  Image
Every time your little one leaves out a toy, you put it in your ransom box and they have to do a chore to get it back. I made my own twist on it though. I know my kids and they would let it sit forever. So I am putting a two week limit on that item in the box. If it sits in there for two weeks and they have not done what they need to get it out of the boy I will either throw it out, give it to Goodwill, or put in my yearly garage sale! This takes away the stress of threatening that you are going to throw out their toys, and i figure if they can go two weeks without it then they really don’t need it.
2. The clutter busting game. All of my kids are very competitive and will love the idea of trying to beat their brother and sisters and even mom and dad. This is how it works. You get a large basket and buy ping pong anr write all kinds of different chores on them. You give them a set time 30 min or an hour whatever you want. Whoever at the end of the allotted time has the most completed chores gets a prize. It could be money, no chores the next day, or a prize.
Image
Clutter Busting Game using ping pong balls. Each person chooses a ball, completes the task, then chooses another one. After 30 minutes, whoever has the most balls gets a prize — like a no-chores day, or gets to pick a movie. Such a great idea!

3. The Dollar System. I went online and printed off free printable money here. This is to keep them from spending hours on the internet, games, or watching t.v. It also helps them to get stuff done, that you want them to do:)
The following are ways the children can earn $1:
Make their bed, get caught doing something nice for their brother or sister, doing what they are told, reading a book, finishing chores, walking the dog, memorizing a bile verse the list could go on and on you choose how they earn it.
The following are things they can buy for $1:
Movie night with parents, watching however many t.v. shows, playing for an allotted time online, talking on the phone, again the list could go on forever!
If they save up their dollars they have earned then you can do something more special like take them for ice cream of out to get an outfit or toy it’s all up to you :) You can change the amount also like $10 dollars to go get ice cream or $3 dollars for a whole movie. That’s just some ideas, I can not wait to hear what all of you do!!
4. I don’t know about your kids, but mine whine all the time!! So I have found an idea called theWhining Jar.
Image
The Goal is to get your kids to do stuff without whining. So you put a set amount of quarters(I think I will use nickles), and every time they whine you take money out! At the end of the week they get to keep they money in the jar. Every kids get to make their own jar and wha-la hopefully no more whining LOL!!
5. The Time-Out Jar. You need fine glitter, hot water, and clear gel tacky glue. You mix them all together and when the glitter settles to the bottom the time out is over:) For the best tutorial I have seen to make these go to the link I have in blue above The blog is Called My Crazy Blessed Life.
Image
6. One of my favorites is the Tattle Monsters! I can not wait to do this. The kids get to have fun making them and I hopefully don’t have to hear, MOM! She is looking at me, she touched me, she has my toy, or whatever they come up with that day.
Image
Kids write down non-emergency tattles that can wait and put them in here. At the end of the day they decide if it’s still important enough to bring to you. and then you decide what you are going to do about it:) Click here for the blog I got it from and a step by step tutorial!
7. Last but not least the one I can not wait to try called The Road Trip Clips.
Image
This is so stupid simple I wish I would have known about this 12 yrs ago, when my oldest was born! I get so sick of saying I will turn this car around! I hate hearing them all 5 constantly fighting in the back seat, or every time I go into the gas station hearing get us something. They get the same response every time for what acting like fools LOL!!  Okay back to how it works. Make One clip for each kid, if they are sweet, clip stays up, if they are not, clip comes down. Everyone with a clip on the visor gets a treat at the next stop. You could even revise is and do something for the store. Like make a clip for the shopping cart, and at the end whoever has a clip still on the cart get a treat!!
I really hope you all enjoy this and come back to see what else I have to post! I Would love to hear what my readers think and want. What problems you have with your kids that you would like to see corrected?
Well lots of work to do now before Monday to get all this started!! I will be updating every detail about how this project works!